Ever wanted to make some cool looking bases for your Infinity models? Here's a tutorial of how to do so :)
You will need:
*Some SF bitz,
*Modelling Knife, File, Sculpting Tool and glue,
1) Attach some bitz onto the bases using Super glue. You don't have to fit these bitz
ideally, just place them so that they create a nice composition with the
rest of the base.
2) Now glue some small pieces of plasticard around the bitz. Try
not to use too much glue as it may spill onto the edge of the base. If
need be you may want to prepare plastticard pieces to ideally fit around
bitz you've used.
3) Use sharp modelling knife to delicatelly cut
off all the excessive plasticard. Use the edge of the base to guide the
knife's cutting edge.
4) Here's how the effect of your work should look like:
5) It is a good idea to further smooth the edges using knife so they will be easier to file later on.
6) Now it is time to get rid of protruding bitz. The quickest way to do it is to use plastic cutters.
7) Next step is to file the edges of both plastic bitz and plasticard.
8) The work is almost at an end. The bases will look much better with
some facture added to them. Use a sculpting tool or other similar object
to carve some futuristic straight lines and bolt holes.
9) You can easily add some battle damage. Just embed the modelling knife in the edge of the base and then pull it up to rend some plasticard chunks out of it.
10) That is all - you've just made a SF, battle damaged base for yourself
Be sure to check out another part of this tutorial at: INFINITY CONCRETE BASES TUTORIAL part 2: Painting
Steel for humans...
Silver for monsters...
Brush for miniatures ;)